US releases second batch of government declassified UFO files

One of 222 files released Friday includes 116 pages on reported sightings and investigations at Sandia, New Mexico

Imagery likely derived from an infrared sensor aboard a US military platform operating within the United States Central Command area of responsibility in 2022. A user uploaded this video to a classified network in June 2024. PHOTO: US Department of War

The United States Defence Department on Friday released a second batch of previously classified files on ​alleged UFO sightings, including references to ‌people reporting unexplained green orbs, discs and fireballs.

At the order of President Donald Trump, the first batch ​was made public on May 8. ​He is the latest president to release ⁠US government reports on unidentified flying ​objects, a disclosure process that began in the ​late 1970s.

Photo: Reuters

Photo: Reuters

Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth said the documents, photos and videos of what are officially known as “unidentified ​anomalous phenomena” had long fueled speculation.

Read More: Pentagon releases 1st batch of declassified UFO files

“It’s ​time the American people see it for themselves,” he ‌said ⁠in a statement.

One of the 222 files released on Friday contains 116 pages of documentation relating to a series of reported ​sightings and investigations ​in ⁠a top-secret facility in Sandia, New Mexico, from 1948 to ​1950.

“This file contains 209 sightings of ‘green ​orbs’, ‘discs’, ⁠and ‘fireballs’ reported near the military base,” the Defence Department said.

Experts said the first batch ⁠contained new ​videos of known sightings ​but gave no conclusive evidence of alien technology or ​extraterrestrial life.

Leave a Comment